Alstede Farms Pick Your Own (PYO) Update
Compliance with Covid-19 safety procedures and protocols requires that we implement new Pick Your Own (PYO) procedures for your safety and others.
Pick Your Own season is now open. If you have been to Alstede Farms for Pick Your Own in the past, this year will look different due to the procedures surrounding Covid-19.
Update: The vast majority of our team members have now been vaccinated.
- First and foremost, you must pre-purchase a PYO ticket by going to our website. Each guest that enters the fields has to have a ticket with them that includes an entry fee.
- Please do not arrive at the farm without a prepaid PYO entry ticket and time slot if you are planning on participating in PYO activities.
- Tickets will be available for purchase for the next day’s PYO about a few days in advance.
- With each PYO entry ticket, there is a produce container associated with the purchase.
- Each PYO entry ticket includes a container, the value of fruit associated with filling the container, and wagon rides to and from the fields.
- Following this new procedure will enable us to provide contact-free transactions for everyone’s safety.
- You may purchase additional containers but you must first purchase a PYO entry ticket.
- Please keep in mind that if you purchase an additional container without a PYO entry ticket, you will not be allowed in the fields.
- A time slot is associated with each entry fee. Time slots are available every thirty minutes.
- There will be a defined number of guests permitted in the fields during each time slot. Time slots will sell out; which means you must purchase a different time or date if it is not available.
- If you are late for your time slot, we can not guarantee that you will be allowed in the fields for Pick Your Own.
- Wagon rides to and from the fields will be available at a controlled capacity.
- Walking to and from the fields will be permitted, but not anywhere else on the farm.
- Outside food will not be permitted at the farm or inside the PYO fields.
- Pets will not be permitted at the farm or inside the PYO fields.
- Outside bags or containers are not allowed. Alstede Farms will provide the necessary equipment needed for a safe and enjoyable day.
- Hand sanitization is key and we will have multiple stations around the farm for guests to use as necessary.
- All guests participating in any activities must wear face coverings.
- Social distancing must be practiced by everyone at the farm.
- Stay and pick in designated areas only.
- Guests will not be allowed in other areas that have not been marked.
- Eating produce in the fields is strictly prohibited.
- Please limit the number of attendees in your group as the sole purpose of Pick Your Own this year will be for the gathering of essential food.
- There will be no refunds or exchanges associated with Pick Your Own (PYO) tickets or activities.
- Entry to PYO is only guaranteed with the purchase of an advanced ticket. We can not guarantee PYO entry for walk-in guests. Tickets purchased at the PYO sheds will incur a $5.00 per ticket convenience fee.