Every year I prepared this cheese with my students as a part of a lesson about herbs. Everyone loved it! Now that we have all of these herbs growing in our gardens it might be the perfect time for you to prepare and serve.
• 2 garlic cloves
• 8 ounces butter, at room temperature
• 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
• 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (freshly-grated)
• 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced or 1 t dried dill weed, crumbled
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or marjoram
• 1 Tablespoon minced basil
• 2 teaspoons fresh chopped chives
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, crumbled
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Have cheeses and butter at room temperature.
Beat together the cheeses, butter and garlic until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
Pack the cheese into a container just large enough to hold the boursin and store in refrigerator.
To serve, bring to room temperature.
Serve with slices of French bread, bread sticks or crackers.
Adapted from: Food.comShare to Print