Many Thanks to CSA member Dawn Ciraulo who sent in this recipe to share with all of us.
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided use
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
3/4 cup apple cider + 1 tablespoon (divided use)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
3 apples, cored and thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large skillet melt 1 and ½ tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper; cook, skin-side down, until golden, about 8 minutes.
3. Turn the chicken, add the cider, then place the pan in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
4. After the pan comes out of the oven transfer the chicken to a plate. Whisk the mustard and sage into the cider drippings; season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
5. While the chicken is cooking, in another skillet, cook the apples in the remaining butter over medium-high for 5 minutes. Add the remaining tablespoon of apple cider, turn the heat to high and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Season the apples to taste with salt and serve them alongside the chicken.
From: dinneratthezoo adapted from: RachelRayMagazineShare to Print