Hummus and Grilled Vegetable Wrap
This recipe works well with zucchini or summer squash. If you have some eggplant that will also work well. Use spinach or arugula or any lettuce you have. Chop in some fresh tomato and use mint as suggested or some of the basil we have been getting in shares or if you have prepared pesto spread that onto the wrap.
• 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• Pinch freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup store-bought hummus
• 4 pieces whole-wheat wrap bread (about 9 inches in diameter)
• 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
• 1 medium red/green bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 2 ounces baby spinach leaves (2 cups lightly packed)
• 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced into half moons
• 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Preheat the grill or grill pan over medium heat. Brush both sides of the zucchini slices with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Grill until tender and slightly browned, about 4 minutes per side.
Spread 1/4 cup of the hummus over each piece of bread. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of pine nuts on top. Top with 3 slices of zucchini, 2 pieces of red pepper, 1/2 cup of the spinach, a few sliced onions, and 1 tablespoon of the mint. Roll each of them up and cut in half on a diagonal.
From: The Food Network