- 6 hard boiled farm fresh eggs – peeled and halved. I prefer to steam my eggs in a vegetable steamer basket for 12 minutes for easy peeling. If you don’t have a vegetable steamer you may boil the eggs in water.
- 1 soft avocado, peeled and diced
- 3 sliced of cooked bacon of choice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A green fresh herb for garnish – come and snip your own basil, cilantro, or parsley in our greenhouse
Combine the following ingredients in a bowl; cooked egg yolks, avocado, 2/3 of chopped bacon if desired (reserve rest for garnish topping), mayonnaise, lemon or lime juice, and salt and pepper seasoning. Mash together this mixture until filling is evenly combined. Spoon filling into a plastic bag with a snipped corner removed and pipe filling into each empty egg white or spoon in if preferred. Garnish with a green fresh herb along with crumbled bacon. Serve or refrigerate.
Recipe provided by Jenn Borealo – Alstede Farms Culinary and Educational Specialist.