Pork Chops filled with Apple Stuffing Ingredients:
- 1 finely diced shallot
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 cups fresh bread crumbs (any white bread will do)
- 2 cups finely diced apples (apples of choice)
- ½ cup dried cranberries hydrate them in warmed apple juice)
- ¼ quarter cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 (1¼ inch thick)pork chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- In a large skillet sauté onion in butter or until tender. Remove from heat. Add the bread crumbs, apples, celery, parsley and salt. Mix all together. Cut a large pocket in the side of each pork chop; season inside and out with salt and pepper to taste. Insert the apple mixture into the pocket of each pork chop.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to brown chops on both sides. Place browned chops in a ungreased but lined 9×13 inch baking pan. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30-minutes. Remove cover and bake for approximately an additional 30-minutes or until the juice runs clear.