This is a satisfying simple spring meal that can be served for lunch or dinner.
Get into the swing of spring with this tasty, seasonal salad. Everyday Food editor Sarah Carey shows you how to make rustic toast and a fresh green salad.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 1 small to medium head of lettuce, trimmed and torn
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with racks in upper and lower thirds. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender and browned in spots, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, chives, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of bread with vinaigrette, and place on a baking sheet. Bake until both sides are golden, about 8 minutes, flipping once.
- Add greens and radishes to bowl, toss to coat, and divide among four plates. Top with asparagus. Season ricotta with salt and pepper and spread on toast to serve.
From Martha Stewart FoodShare to Print