Serves 4 as a side, 2 as an entree
2 cups spinach, rinsed and dried
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, left whole or cut in half
1 head broccoli, florets cut thinly with a knife
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Transfer the spinach and grape tomatoes to a serving bowl.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high in a large skillet until just about to smoke. Add broccoli florets and season with 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt and 1 tsp of smoked paprika. Let the broccoli brown for 1-2 minutes and then stir to brown the other sides, cooking for an additional 2 minutes. Make sure the broccoli does not burn.
3. Pour the broccoli over the spinach and toss to combine.
4. Crumble the pecans in the same pan you cooked the broccoli in and set to medium heat. Toast in the pan for 2-3 minutes, or until browned. Toss over the salad.
5. Drizzle the salad with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, and then season with parsley and your preferred amount of salt and black pepper. Serve immediately
Share to Print