How to Make Kale Chips
• 1 medium bunch kale
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, more or less to taste
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash kale leaves and dry very well.
3. Using a paring knife or kitchen scissors, trim out the ribs and discard. Cut the remaining kale into approximately two-inch pieces.
4. Place kale in a large bowl and toss gently but thoroughly, making sure that every last bit of kale leave is coated with olive oil.
5. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Lay kale in a single layer on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. (If you have more kale than baking sheet, you may need to cook them in batches).
6. Bake for 8 – 12 minutes, just until crisp. Start checking at 8 minutes – don’t overcook or they’ll burn.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for a minute or two, then serve.
Share to Print